Saturday, August 25, 2007

O_O Texans-- Owners of the Governor's Cup

Yup! We beat 'em! One of the top teams overall in the league, and our first team dominated theirs. Tony Romo still had almost 200 yards, but he had an interception and a couple of TDs on the night. I beleive he went 14 for 26. But who cares? This is a Texans blog!

Matt Schaub had a wonderful night, finishing 12 for 16 with 109 yards. Another person we've been keeping an eye on was Green. He had a beautiful run in the 2nd half, which led to a touchdown.

Speaking of TDs, we sure had our share of them. 4-4 in the redzone, all four of them touchdowns. Now, Kris Brown did miss a field goal, but that's okay. He's 9 for 10 on the preseason. Andre Johnson had a TD, Jacoby Jones actually had 2 (one punt return and the other receiving), and the other two, I don't even remember we were scoring so much! :O

Now, on the topic of our special teams and Jacoby Jones, our defense on the Cowgirls first possesion forced a 3 and out, and Jacoby Jones recieved the punt at the 9. He then went straight down field for his 2nd Punt Return touchdown in the preseason. He can do anything! He can catch, return, and run. That beautiful catch for a touchdown was the exclaimation point in a 2 minute drill, and it happened to be right in front of me. The catch was a beauty. He caught it at its highest point, and it was almost a circus catch.

Our defense was fierce when it came to the run. They couldn't run if it depended on their life. Pass Coverage was a somewhat different story, even if we did force two interceptions. Our QB Pressure improved dramatically, 5 "pressures", 4 "hurries", and 3 sacks I believe. One was even by our local lazy lineman, Mario Williams. Alliteration aside, Mario Williams actually made his pressence felt this game. He had a few tackles and the sack. Our now 20 year old rookie seems to be adjusting quite fine, as he had a tackle or two and half a sack.

Now, Reliant Stadium's atmosphere was astounding. It was about 65 percent Texans fans, 35 percent Cowboys. Actually, thinking back. There might have been more Cowgirls fans. :O Reliant got a record attendence for the preseason tonight, over 71,500 showed up. We were looouuuddd, too. I haven't heard it that loud since maybe the Colts game and before that, the inaugural Texans game against, well, the Dallas Cowboys.

There's no greater feeling than beating the Cowgirls on a Saturday evening, eh?

P.S. COWBOYS SUCK!

P.S.S. I heard my cousin and I were on TV, but I'm not sure. I watched the game when I got home via DVR, but I didn't see us. I saw my dad though. :O

No comments: