Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Falcons upset Texans

Yeah, we lost. Let me tell you why I won't do a blog for this game. I was at the Astros game for Craig Biggio's last start as a Houston Astro. That didn't stop me from bringing my portable TV, but it ended up not working because I didn't realize the stupid brightness was down.

But yeah, for the things we did right, which aren't most, Andre Davis had 117 receiving yards and Matt Schaub had 300+ yards. It's his 4th start and he's already thrown 300 in a game. David Carr, who also got a start Sunday, has only 3 300 yard games in 6 years. David Carr did just as bad as he did for Houston for so long. Around 150 yards, and a couple of picks.

But yeah, that's all for the bright side. We stunk up the field. We had 3 redzone attempts, all were not converted into touchdowns but into field goals. Defense looked confused and running the ball wasn't any better.
____

Now, Craig Biggio has been an Astro for longer than I've been born. I can't imagine the Astros without him, but it's come true. It was a very emotional Sunday, with Biggio leaving, Texans losing, and the Cowboys winning. It sucked.

Craig Biggio's last game was a good one though, his first at bat he hit his last double-- his 3,060th hit of his career. He's one of the main reasons I'm proud to be an Astros fan. We'll miss seeing him at 2nd base.

The players were rotated in and out of the game, I guess to give everyone a chance to play one last time with Biggio in front of a record crowd in Minute Maid.

Texans lose 16-26, Astros win 3-0.

No comments: